Best Green Tea for Acid Reflux
What is Acid Reflux? Acid reflux is a very common condition that occurs in the stomach that causes the stomach contents such as stomach acids and other undigested foods to flow back into the esophagus. This digestive disorder causes bloating, coughing, snoring, belching, and several painful symptoms such as a burning pain in the lower chest. Acid reflux, therefore, always annoys the patients, and makes them feel uncomfortable.
Overeating or consuming hard-to-digest food (fast-food rich in fats) is known to be the cause of acid reflux. When overeating happens, lower esophageal sphincter experiences a high pressure which causes the food to reflux into the esophagus. There are also other causes such as overweight or in the period of pregnancy that all boost the pressure to the abdominal cavity. Let’s further uncover various facts related to acid reflux prevention with green tea,
Treatment for Acid Reflux:
A common treatment for acid reflux is using a variety of drugs available in the market, both prescription and over-the-counter. Also, there are many other alternative ways to treat this digestive disorder, including natural ones. Drinking best green tea for acid reflux is a highly appreciated way.
With a rich source of nutrients and some essential properties, green tea is not only beneficial for all digestive problems but also helps maintain your health and gives you smooth skin.
Benefits of Green Tea to Treat Acid Reflux:
There are some benefits of green tea for acid reflux treatment in particular and for the digestion in general.
Green tea is quite rich in antioxidant polyphenols that help stimulate the digestive process and prevent the acid or undigested food from flowing back into the esophagus.
It activates the proper contraction of the lower esophageal sphincter which restricts the backward movement of the stomach acids into the esophagus.
Green tea can also prevent heartburn due to its properties of theobromine, tannins, and theophylline.
Lastly, its anti-inflammatory property is very beneficial in relieving burning sensations caused by this condition.
Why Green Tea is the Best Remedy for Acid Reflux?
Green tea contains antioxidant polyphenols that promote proper digestion and restricts the acid or the food content from flowing back to the esophagus.
It triggers proper contraction of the LES, thereby preventing backward movement of digestive acids.
Green tea contains an amino acid called L-theanine that reverses the effects of caffeine and calms the nervous system.
It contains active compounds called catechins (EGCG) which are antioxidants that help to repair the damage done to healthy cells.
Green tea also contains theobromine, tannins, theophylline, all of which prevent acid reflux.
Just like black tea green tea comes from Camellia sinensis. However, instead of being dried and crushed, green tea is steamed and dried. Green tea is alkaline in nature. Freshly brewed green tea is generally neutral in its pH value. But usually, its pH value amounts to more than 7.2.
By now, you are aware of the enormous benefits of green tea. In addition to all of the great health benefits, green tea is low in caffeine than most other beverages. It can help with weight loss and also get your metabolism running better.
You could possibly see a better quality of life if not a few more years tacked on to your lifespan.
You may refill the cup up to three times for maximum health benefits.
This soothing herbal drink may ease the acidity that causes heartburn. Herbal Drinks are filled with ingredients proven to help reflux.
- Multethi-The presence of glycyrrhizin and its compound, carbenoxolone, makes mulethi an excellent remedy for constipation, acidity, heartburn, stomach discomfort, inflammation of the digestive system, and gastro esophageal acid reflux. Mulethi also works as a mild laxative and helps bowel movements. The anti-flatulent property of Mulethi reduces the formation of gas in the alimentary canal, thus reducing flatulence, bloating, and abdominal tightness.
- Rose Petals-Herbal Tea prepared using rose petals is consumed to treat acidity, burning sensation in the body, dryness of the oral cavity and is effective against treating infection in the intestine.
- Tulsi– Tulsi or Holy Basil has carminative properties that remove gas from the stomach. Tulsi leaves have soothing properties that provide instant relief from acidity that is caused by the formation of gas in the stomach and burning in the stomach. It also helps the stomach lining to produce more amount of mucous so that the inner lining of the stomach is not damaged by excess acid production.
- Kali Mirch – The piperine in Kali Mirch eases digestion and stimulates the stomach, which then secretes more hydrochloric acid that helps to digest proteins in food. Since it is carminative in nature, it helps to ease flatulence. Kali Mirch also benefits in eliminating toxins from the body through increased urination and sweating. It also cleans out impurities stuck in pores, uric acid, urea, fat, and excess water.
- Sounf– Sounf has always been recommended by mothers and grandmothers to treat gastric troubles. Saunf treats indigestion and also soothes acid reflux. It also reduces inflammation. This may help soothe swelling or irritation in the intestines and improve digestion due to the presence of Anethole.Sounf may also relax muscles in the intestines, which can help relieve constipation. Soothing muscles in the stomach and intestines helps to relieve gas that’s formed from constipation or acid reflux.
- Arjuna– Arjuna is traditionally used in Ayurveda for treating diarrhea and dysentery. Arjuna can also help fight gastric ulcers, . It also fights from any oxidative damage. It also strengthens the gastric mucosal barrier that defends against acid attacks and thwarts the formation of ulcers.
- Dalchini– Dalchini relieves heartburn symptoms by bringing down the amount of stomach acid. Thus, decreasing the risk of ulcers in the stomach and lower throat region in the snippet of the reverse of digestive acidic juice from the stomach into the esophagus. It inhibits excess gas formation in the stomach. It may help in proper digestion by stimulating digestive tracts that are having delayed gastric emptying for effective digestion of food thereby granting heartburn relief.
- Amla– Amla(Indian Gooseberry) is a rich source of phenolic compounds. Studies have proven that phenolic compounds derived from plant sources have a strong antioxidant action thereby, reducing oxidative stress. This will reduce the inflammatory action in the stomach due to gastritis. Amla also contains tannins which are known to have anti-ulcer action in addition to anti-oxidant properties.
- Laung-Laung is a traditional Indian spice that is found in every Indian kitchen. Laung has natural carminative properties that increase peristalsis (the movement of food down the stomach), improves saliva production, aids in digestion, and provides immediate relief from acid reflux. It also soothes inflamed and damaged stomach lining. Therefore, it is beneficial for heartburns and other stomach ailments like chest burn, acidity, and indigestion. Laung has alkaline and carminative properties which help to ward off the effects of excess acid produced in the stomach and gastrointestinal tract. These properties do not allow the formation of gas.
You may also like,