Why You Should Get Vaccinated!
We all know, ever since the COVID-19 outbreak happened, the pandemic has created havoc in our lives, global economies have tumbled, the health care system has been stretched beyond the limit and lives have been lost. While all of us seem to be tired of the pandemic, the pandemic doesn’t seem to be tired and it has become more furious this time. Thus, it is time for us to vanquish this pandemic by our collective efforts. We need to be very very careful and responsible, for ourselves and our family. Fortunately for us, 2021 saw numbers of vaccines coming. Millions of doses have already been administered worldwide and in India, we have crossed the 14 crore mark. Being a largely populated country our requirement for resources is very high and the only way to fight this is to be responsible and get vaccinated.
To quote the benefit of getting vaccinated, I would like to share an example of Israel. Though Israel is a very less populated country and it has set an example by getting its population a hundred percent vaccinated. Notably, Israel has become MASK FREE country now. We all want the same, but at times we get skeptical about the efficacy and side effects of the vaccine. In this post, I will try to share my take on vaccination on why you need to get vaccinated.
First of all, we should keep in mind that, “Unless all of us is safe, None of us is safe”. In order to fight this pandemic, we all need to understand our responsibility as a citizen of this country and for this country by following COVID appropriate behavior. Wear the mask, follow social distancing and keep your hands sanitized, even though if you are vaccinated.
Why you need to get vaccinated & benefits :
- COVID-19 can have serious, life-threatening complications and there is no way of knowing, how it will affect you. Once you get sick, you could also spread it to your near and dear ones and others around you.
- Clinical trials have shown that available vaccines are effective and safe to use. The known side-effects are very less and the benefit outweighs the probable risk.
- Once you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing more, but with COVID-appropriate behavior.
- Evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to be infected and potentially less likely to be a spreader.
- Evidently, the vaccine helps to reduce the severity if in case you get infected.
Do’s and Dont’s:
- Follows COVID-19 protocols issued by the government, wear mask, hand gloves, maintain social distancing, and use sanitizer.
- Register yourself at www.cowin.gov.in and get vaccinated.
- Don’t rush or queue up in front of vaccination centers and wait for your turn.
- Don’t go outside unless it’s your dire necessity, keep yourself entertained at home and practice healthy lifestyle.
Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent such an infectious disease as vaccination strengthens your immune system by training your body to recognize and fight against specific virus. This too shall pass and our collective efforts will make our livelihood easy, better and normal again. Last but not the least, when you get vaccinated, you are protecting yourself and helping to protect the whole community.
GREENFIT wishes you all to stay safe and healthy during this pandemic and after.