HOW MUCH OF GREEN TEA IS TOO MUCH FOR A DAY?
A Cup of Green tea is touted as the world’s healthiest drink due to its antioxidant content which is much higher than any other natural food or beverage.
Just because everyone is going enthusiastic about the health benefits of green tea, it does not mean you can drink many times in a day. Though green tea is safe for consumption there is a limit on how much you can consume in a day. Consuming large amounts can do harm than good to your body.
Here’s how much you should be drink and why
Lately this drink has become one of the most preferred health drinks in the world. Having a green tea cup on a regular basis not only helps in getting rid of toxins from the body, but also lends various other benefits.
- Drinking 3-5 times of green tea per day seems to be optimal to read the most health benefits.
- An overall consumption of 320mg of polyphenols in a day is good which makes up for your daily requirement of antioxidants. Which means consuming 3 times on an average, for most people in a day should suffice.
There are a number of reasons why you must stick to this number.
- Drinking green tea will surely fill you up with antioxidants, but it will also fill you up with caffeine. So if you drink too much of caffeine, you expose yourself to a whole lot of health problems attributed to caffeine.
- Ironically, the healthiest drink in the world can prevent your body from absorbing more nutrients if you drink too much of it. The natural antioxidants of green tea can decrease iron absorption in your body.
- Excess consumption of green tea can lead to reduced haemoglobin levels in your body.
- The green tea plant is capable of holding aluminium. So drinking more of green tea exposes you to a risk of accumulating this metal, which increases the risk of neurological disorders.
- Green tea is also effective in getting rid of extra fat and bulk from the body. Consume 2-3 times of green tea in day for weight loss.
- Consuming different types of green tea regularly can help you lose approximately 75 to 100 calories in a day.
- Over consumption of green tea can restrict the absorption of Vitamin B12.
- If you are on medication for high BP, anxiety, 3 times in a day is fine.
- Have two times max if you are pregnant.
- Do not drink it before bedtime if you have insomnia (difficulty in falling asleep).
- Stay off it if you are anemic.
- Having said that, green tea has caffeine which is not good for children. However if you wish to give green tea to your child, you can give them once in a while, but regular consumption should be avoided.
Best Green tea is good for your health; however do not overboard with its consumption. Very high doses may be problematic for some, but generally green tea’s benefits far outweigh its risks.
Maintain the recommended intake, as excess of everything is bad.
The greatest wealth is health!